Friday, 30 October 2009

The Collection begins

After seeing the adverts for the victrix figures I decided to dabble and ordered a few boxes. I decided that I would construct 16 figure battalions. This has now expanded to 24 figures as I like the mass look. It takes me around 2 weeks to paint the 24 figures.

So this picture is of the first 16 figures painted using the 3 layer method and is intended to represent the 88th. I'm pretty impressed and I have settled nicely into using the 3 layer system. The only colour I struggle with is red. i use the foundry paint system and I am happy with all the colours apart from the fact the red doesn't cover very well.

1 comment:

  1. They look good. I've got some plastic Perry figures on the go at the moment but I am struggling with all the straps etc. Look forward to following your armies!